Tasks of a care worker.
As a nursing specialist, you are responsible for care planning. You record the information necessary for care and determine the specific nursing needs. You regularly update the care planning, taking into account the condition and needs of the persons to be looked after. The actual implementation of care for residents is also part of your field of activity.
Additional tasks are:
- Informing the residents about nursing measures
- Documentation of nursing measures
- Regular review and evaluation of care success and quality
- Activate and mobilise the residents in accordance with the nursing care plan that has been drawn up.
- Encouraging contact and mutual help between residents
- Motivating residents to participate in events and therapeutic offers
- Informing and advising residents on matters of concern
- Handling the residents' belongings appropriately
- Accompanying the medical rounds
- Carrying out the doctor's orders properly
- Involving the relatives in the care and support of the residents
- Initiating immediate measures and notifying the doctor in case of illness and emergency
- Notifying the relatives of seriously ill and dying patients
Your staff-related tasks as a nursing assistant also include promoting team building, creating and maintaining a good working atmosphere, instructing and supervising assistants, pupils and trainees, and helping to train new personnel.