Tasks of a caregiver
You will get to know the residents and their personal biographies. You promote their existing resources by carrying out activation and care measures. You select these individually according to the residents' abilities and skills and also by taking into account their current state of health.
- Independent organisation and implementation of group activities, including preparation and follow-up, assistance with events, celebrations and festivities in the house, accompaniment on excursions.
- Exercises and games, walks, 10-minute motivation, creative design according to the season
- Promotion of daily skills such as working together in placing clothing in the wardrobe, watering flowers, domestic tasks such as setting the table, helping to decorate the living area and the residents' rooms.
- Supervision of activities in the kitchen, such as cooking and baking or cutting fruit and vegetables, and musical activities such as singing or playing rhythm instruments, memory training and board games, watching films and looking at photo albums together.
- Offers of care for bedridden residents such as reading aloud, basal stimulation, listening to music, listening, being there
- Participation in the preparation of action plans, discussion of residents' clinical pictures, possibly by involving nursing personnel, documentation of biographical data
- Individual care and discussions, documentation of the care measures carried out and of special features, passing on information to personnel and superiors
- Participation in team meetings and exchange with the nursing personnel in the residential areas and in internal personnel meetings
- Adherence to the overall hygiene plan and the hygienic standards as well as the safety regulations
- Supervising and instructing new caregivers, students and interns
- Comprehensive passing on of information to personnel and supervisors
- Transport service, bringing and collecting of residents